Your Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight
A hot air balloon flight over the Yarra Valley is a birds-eye view into this world famous wine region,
with breathtaking views, flowing hills and valleys, and large open spaces that come to life with the sunrise
and early morning. Hot air ballooning is certainly one of the best things to do in the Yarra Valley. Flying over
the beautiful farms and vineyards in a hot air balloon provides an amazing and unforgettable way to experience
the joys of nature.
Your experience will be followed by a delicious champagne breakfast at the fancy Yarra Valley Lodge,
the perfect end to a serene morning.
Your Yarra Valley Hot Air Balloon Flight includes:
- One-hour (approx) hot air balloon flight over the picturesque Yarra Valley
- Delicious unlimited hot breakfast with champagne at the Yarra Valley Lodge (optional)
- One of Australia’s most experienced hot air balloon pilots and crew
- Full insurance
- Transport to and from the launch and landing sites
- Tea and coffee before your flight at the Yarra Valley Lodge
- In-flight photos of you and your picturesque country background taken by camera attached to the balloon, available for purchase ($20) after your flight on USB stick
- Easy and free car parking at our meeting place
- CBD transfer for a fee of $40 per person
- Flight certificate (optional)
On the morning of your hot air balloon flight:
We meet at the Yarra Valley Lodge, 2 Heritage Avenue, Chirnside Park VIC 3116. Our meeting time is about an hour before sunrise, and varies throughout the year.
Complimentary tea and coffee is provided at the café.
You will meet your pilot and crew, and can ask them anything you want to know about hot air balloons.
After a short briefing by your pilot, we transport you to the launch site.
The launch site is chosen by the pilot based on the wind directions on the morning.
On the launch site you can assist with the inflation of the balloon, take photos, or watch the whole process, as you wish.
Once the balloon is inflated, your pilot will give you a final briefing and you’re off into the sky.
No motors, no noise. You're floating gently in the air.
Because you are moving with the wind, you won’t feel any wind chill.
Enjoy the spectacular views of the beautiful Yarra Valley, the rolling hills, farms and vineyards.
You’ll fly for approximately one hour on your Yarra Valley hot air ballooning adventure.
If you are interested in more detailed information about how balloons fly and steer, see our FAQ or ask your pilot on the day.
Your pilot will most likely land the hot air balloon on the land of a friendly farmer.
If you would like to help pack up the hot air balloon the crew would love your help, and will show you the technique.
Once the hot air balloon is packed up, we will drive you back to the Yarra Valley Lodge for your full champagne breakfast.
Family or friends can join you for the full hot buffet breakfast experience to celebrate your hot air balloon flight. Tell us before your flight and we will book them in for $40 per person.
What to wear and bring:
- A warm not light jacket
- Comfortable layers of clothing
- Sturdy closed-toe shoes and warm socks. We will be walking on grass and parkland so heels are not acceptable. Your feet may get wet so bring a change of socks.
- During the winter season spare shoes is required to enter the restaurant
- A hat, cap or beanie. The burners radiate heat, so we recommend a hat, or a beanie in winter.
- Gloves in winter
Notes on clothing:
The coldest part of the morning is on the launch site, because a layer of cold air settles on the ground overnight. Once you are in the air above this layer, the temperature will rise and generally be very comfortable. Because the balloon moves with the wind, you won’t feel any wind chill. As a guide, our pilot flies with a t-shirt and shirt all year round, but bring layers for the launch site.